The Mamalilikulla First Nation (MFN) provides post-secondary education funding for both part-time and full-time students. Both receive funding for tuition, books and supplies. Full-time students also receive a living allowance.
To receive funding, Band Members must be approved through the annual application process. Students must submit a post-secondary funding application package to the Band Administrator by April 30th of each year. By August 20th, you must provide the Band with a letter of acceptance for registration or, in the case of continuing students, a document from the school indicating promotion or approval to continue studies.
The MFN post-secondary policies and guidelines state that to be eligible for post-secondary funding, an applicant must be:
- A registered member of the Mamalilikulla First Nation
- A resident of Canada for the last 12 months, and
- registered in an accredited post-secondary institution in a program of study that
- Is at least one academic year in length
- Has grade 12 or equivalent as a prerequisite for admission, and
- Leads to a certificate, diploma or degree