There are approximately 400 members in the Mamalilikulla First Nation.  Keeping track of mailing addresses is an ongoing task.  Please contact the band office at if you move or if you know of anyone moving.  Maintaining an up-to-date mailing list is especially important for keeping in touch with our members to so that they can be informed of upcoming events, Band elections, community meetings, newsletters, etc.

Our Membership Administrator is Christine Smith and she works out of the Campbell River Band office.  She is the person to contact regarding any membership issues i.e. registering a baby, reporting a marriage, death, etc., or obtaining or renewing your status card.  Christine does membership on Thursdays and Fridays.  You will need to book an appointment with her in advance for status cards.  Her contact number is 250-286-6949.  The range of services she provides is described below, as well as some of the key things that you will need to know to save you time when you go to see her.


An original long-form Birth Certificate (this state both parents’ names on it) is an essential document parents must have to registry their babies. The original birth certificate will be mailed to Indian & Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) to register the baby and they will mail it back to Christine and then returned to the parents. Parents should also know they must ensure their babies are registered before the age of one, after that, they will not be covered under medical. When presenting the long form birth certificate for registration, a parental consent will be given to the parents to complete. If both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must sign the parental consent form. To obtain a birth certificate, or replace a lost one, you must apply to the Division of Vital Statistics (DVS) a pay $27.00. Our membership clerk Christine Smith can give you the DVS’s address and the required application form, or you can get one from the MFN band office from the administrator. When you get your or your child’s birth certificate, make sure to put it in a safe place where you can find it again when you need it.


Status Cards are essential documents, both for individual First Nations people and for the Bands to which they claim membership. Adults must renew their status cards every five years, children under 19, every three years. INAC have issued strict guidelines for people wishing to apply for a status card. Applicants must have two pieces of ID before a card can be issued. Valid ID that can be used is Passports, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificate, Health Care Card, expired status card, or any ID the Membership Clerk is satisfied with.